Who we are
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
OrganicERs collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, institution, city, state, country)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide OrganicERs with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register an account on our website
- Post on the forums on our website
- Post syllabi, tests, or other curricular materials on our website
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
OrganicERs may also receive your data indirectly from when you:
- Read our newsletter
- Participate in discussions in Slack or Facebook
How will we use your data?
OrganicERs collects your data so that we can
- Facilitate networking with other organic chemistry faculty members
- Share information via our semi-regular newsletters
OrganicERs stores your data (name and email address) in our account with the company that distributes our newsletter. Other than the newsletter, OrganicERs will not share your data with any other organization.
How do we store your data?
OrganicERs securely stores your data at organicers.org in a password-protected database. The database is on a server that meets common industry best-practices for physical, network, and software security.
OrganicERs will keep your name, institutional affiliation, email address as long as you are a member. If you cancel your membership, we will delete your data within 30 days.
OrganicERs would like to send you our newsletter with information we think you might be interested in. If you have agreed to receive our newsletter, you may always opt out at a later date.
What are your data protection rights?
OrganicERs would like to make you sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access You have the right to request copies of your personal data from OrganicERs.
- The right to rectification You have the right to request that OrganicERs correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request OrganicERs to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure You have the right to request that OrganicERs erase your personal data, if you cancel your membership. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Identifying you when you upload curricular materials
- Identifying you when you participate in the forum discussions
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – OrganicERs uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
- Only first party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us